Vip Amazon Associates
LIST OF GLUTEN-AWARE DOCTORS IN SOUTH AFRICA
The following doctors have diagnosed coeliac disease (CD) in clients who have come to me for a consultation in Durban, or who have telephoned me from other centres in South Africa.
- Dr Herbert Schneider, Milpark Hospital, Guild Rd., Parktown. Tel: 011-482 3010. He is highly recommended by Mrs. Minnie Kaplan who runs a Coeliac Society in Johannesburg.
- Dr M. O. Strimling, Sturdee Av., Rosebank. Tel: 011-880 1226 Well experienced in coeliac disease
- Registered homeopath: Dr Janet Tatalias, Pinegowrie. Tel: 011-789 4660
- Dr Ruth McEwan: Tel: 011-476 1212
- Dr Fiona Parkinson: P O Box 33255 Jeppestown. Tel: 011-614 7273/4
- Dr Martin Filmer – Parktown North
- Dr A R Potenza, Suite 10, St Joseph’s Wing, Donald Gordon Medical Centre, 21, Eton Rd., Parktown, 2193. Phone: 011-726 6138
- Dr Elias Stavrou – Johannesburg Physician and Gastroenterologist – screens all IBS sufferers and those who suffer from chronic abdominal discomfort for CD.
- Dr Khonje at Sandton Medi-Clinic. He recognized a long standing case of severe anaemia and requested the biopsy in the patient which confirmed the CD diagnosis.
- Homeopath Dr Bulatov and his assistant Annita Collett, Pinelands. He is diagnosing people properly.
- Dr Greg Cleveland, Longbeach Medical Centre, Carlton Close, Noordhoek, Cape Town 7979.
- Dr Arrie Unger, Athlone.
- Dr Jonathan Leith – recommended by a patient.
- Professor Weinberg of Red Cross Children’s Hospital – he gives patients my contact details to order my info pack.
- Professor Sive – Red Cross Children’s Hospital
- Dr Gerry Trier
- Dr Lawrence Cohen – I believe his wife has coeliac disease.
- Dr John Wright – highly recommended gastroenterologist – can perform the camera endoscopy.
- Dr Alvin Skinstad. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr Ian Proudfoot - GP – recognized severe iron deficiency anaemia as being a possible coeliac symptom which it did turn out to be.
- Dr Wayne May - endocrinologist – Screens all Diabetes Type 1 patients for CD, especially recently diagnosed children. Also advises those with iron deficiency and osteoporosis to be screened for CD.
- Dr Charles Steyn - gastroenterologist
- Dr K Pillay. Has diagnosed a diabetic with coeliac disease. Paediatric Endocrinologist. 501, Westville Hospital. Tel: 031-265 5377.
- Dr Ryall Hamlyn, Ballito Wellness Centre. Also recommends Glyconutrients (Glycofix) for those who need it. Tel: 032-946 1333. Understands neurological complications of coeliac disease. Does not know the correct blood tests to ask for – you have to give him the sheet of paper with the tests listed.
- Dr R. K. Way: Eye specialist – diagnosed Sjogren’s syndrome (an autoimmune disorder of the moisture-producing glands, linked to gluten sensitivity). 7, Entabeni Medical Centre, Berea. Tel: 031-261 2338
- Dr Bernard Insam: Specialist Physician and Rheumatologist. 203, Highway Medical Centre, Maryvale Rd., Westville. Tel: 031-265 1062 or 031-368 3636.
- Dr M J Bailey, Docnor House, Umhlanga Rocks Dv. Durban North. Tel: 031-564 1301
- Dr D J Levin – 47, Chelmsford Medical Centre, Berea. Tel: 031-201 3145/4405
- Dr G. G. Brereton Stiles – Paediatrician – 5, Parklands Medical Centre, Overport, Durban. Tel: 031-209 3153/3195
- Dr Amanda Maud – She requested my info pack, and is recommended. 536, Currie Rd., Essenwood, Durban. Tel: 031-209 3200
- Dr A D. Busch, 26, Blue Heights, Westville. Tel: 031-266 1262
- Dr Wolff, - Ear/Nose/Throat specialist, Kingsway Hospital, Kingsway Rd, Amanzimtoti.
- Dr S. H. Mahomedy – Paediatrician, 7, Spine Rd., Maryvale, Westville. Tel: 031-265 1333
- Dr Hendrik W. L. Kok at Pinetown Medical Centre, Meller Rd, Pinetown. GP.
- Dr Guy Scott – 223, Kenyon Howden Rd., Montclair Tel: 031-462 5920/3349. Also at Entabeni Hospital: Tel: 031-261 6828/3098
- Dr Tjaart Fourie – Urologist, Parklands Medical Centre, Hopelands Rd., Essenwood, Durban. Tel: 031-208 0520
- Dr Rob J. Smith – 972, Sarnia Rd., Bellair. Tel: 031-465 3132
- Dr J. N. Narsai – paediatrician – Crompton St., Pinetown. Tel: 031-709 3842
- Dr A.R. Seebaran – Gastroenterologist/Specialist Physician, Cooper Medical Centre, Ridge Rd., Tel: 031-261 8580
- Dr N. Aboo, Gastroenterologist, Parklands Medical Centre, Hopelands Rd., Overport. Tel: 031-209 1183
- Dr Osman Aboo: Gastroenterologist, Specialist Physician, 102, Crompton St., Pinetown. Tel: 031-702 9393
- Dr J.F. Roos – excellent paediatrician – up-to-date with gluten sensitivity. 5, Parklands Medical Centre, Hopelands Rd., Overport. Tel: 031-209 3153/3195
- Dr A.L. Ussher: 26, Blue Heights, Westville. Tel: 031- 266 1262. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr A. H. Macleod – GP – 113, Jan Hofmeyer Rd., Westville. Tel: 031- 266 5369
- Dr L.F.G.Minders, - GP – Bluff Medical Centre, Lighthouse Rd, Grosvenor, Bluff. Tel: 031- 466 5030
- Dr M. Van Der Linden – Pulmonologist, Entabeni Hospital, South Ridge Rd., Westridge, Berea. Tel: 031-261 8217
- Dr Jerald Baise: 5, Airedale, Sherwood, Dbn. Tel: 209 4784
- Dr Enil S. Aboud: 158, Wood Rd., Montclair, Dbn. Tel: 031- 462 2502
- Dr Judy Green – specialist/Neurologist - brain neurologist – 1, St Augustine’s Hospital, Chelmsford Rd, Berea. Tel: 031- 201 8036
- Dr R. C. Naranbhai: Mount Edgecombe Medical Centre. Tel: 031- 502 1898
- Dr A. Niemann: 4, Umhlanga Centre, Ridge Rd., Umhlanga Rocks. Tel: 031- 561 1277
- Dr Marguerite Howlett – very popular lady doctor at Entabeni Medical Centre. South Ridge Rd, also at 148, Westridge, Umhlanga Rocks. Tel: 031- 261 1255
- Dr D. R. Wesley – young doctor – Paediatrician, Medigate Medical Centre, Umhlanga Rocks Drive. Tel: 031- 566 2298/2309
- Dr Marissa Van Der Westhuizen – 30, Glenugie Rd., Pinetown: Tel: 031-702 8758/701 1459
- Dr R. Wiersma – 13, Syringa Av., Westville. Tel: 031- 266 7488/9527
- Dr Richard Steele – homeopath – North Beach Medical Centre, 37, Sol Harris Crescent, Snell Parade. Tel: 031- 332 6060
- Heidi Allan – Sunningdale Medical Centre, Village Way, Sunningdale – Audiologist/Speech Therapist - tests for auditory problems, i.e. in autism and ADD. Tel: 031- 562 8942/572 2930
- Janet Smith – Audiologist - tests for auditory problems i.e. in autism and ADD. St Augustine’s Hospital, Glenwood. Tel: 031- 201 2081/7223. Also Umhlanga Hospital: 031- 566 1188.
- Dr Marina Auer: GP: 12, Lyngarth Rd., Kloof. Tel: 031-764 0945
- Dr Kazalette (Kaz) Kiepiel: Phone 031-764 3630. Kaz is a qualified medical doctor who has broadened her perspective to encompass diagnosis using the QXCI machine (Quantum Xrroid Consciousness Interface machine). Diagnosis via electromagnetic frequencies analyse the body for parasites, viruses, pre-cancerous cells, muscle injuries, heavy metal and food sensitivities.
- Dr Vasudevan Naidoo: Albert Luthuli Hospital: Switchboard 031-240 1000. Gastroenterology Dept. Works with Prof Keith Newton, as well as Prof. Simjee – doing research regarding CD diagnosis in other conditions, working with other specialists e.g. endocrinologists, neurologists and rheumatologists. Runs a clinic on Thursdays till 12 noon.
- Dr Garth Brink 30 Savell Av., Glenashley 4051, Ph 031-562 8505. He organized my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr E Carte 200, Queen Elizabeth Av., Durban, Ph: 031-2612625. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr PJV Garratt, 1220, Durdoc Centre, Durban. Ph 031- 305 2683. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr D Harilall, 19, Pienaar Rd., Malvern, Ph: 031-464 0882. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr R Leisegang, 12, Ray Paul Dv. La Lucia. Ph: 031-562 1057. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr C Mast, 2, Petreahof, 143, Manning Rd., Dbn, Ph: 031-202 3988. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr I Nosenzo, Shop 24, Sunningdale, Ph: 031-562 8496. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr P Obertik Ph: 031-3011 437. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr H Parry, 103, Acutt Av., Rosehill. Ph: 031- 564 9120. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr a Salajee, 81, Wick St., Verulam. Ph: 032-533 1890. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr M Salajee, “ “ “ “ “
- Dr A Shaik, Overport: Ph: 307 5204. “ “
- Dr B Siedacz-Hipper, 37a, Berriedale Rd., Durban. Ph: 031-207 5511. “ “
- Dr L Steynberg Phone: 031-701 2286. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr Ray Symonds, 19, Lancaster Rd., Berea. Ph: 031-2011 686. “
- Dr C Young, 26, Blue Heights Centre, Westville. Ph: 031-266 1262. He attended my seminar for doctors in 2001.
- Dr Keith Pettengell, Medical Mews, Parklands Hospital. Ph: 031- 209 1114. He attended the seminar for doctors in 2001, and presented his own lecture. The symptoms related to CD that he is familiar with are anaemia, osteoporosis, chronic diarrhoea, and severe weight loss.
- Dr R Poolman, 29, Multichoice Centre, Westville, Ph: 031- 266 3945. He attended my doctor’s seminar in 2001.
- Dr Cedric Borcherds, Homeopath. Highly recommended. 42, Devonshire Av., Glenwood. (Davenport Centre) Tel: 031-202 4585
- Dr I. C. Funnell. Highly recommended. Surgeon/Gastroenterologist. St Augustines Hospital Medical Centre, Chelmsford Rd., Durban. Phone 031-201 3070.
- Dr Insam, Westville
- Dr Davey – diagnosed a patient with poor calcium levels and low Vitamin D, and lack of improvement in bone density after treatment.
- Dr Meltzer: Bluff Medicross – understands gluten symptoms.
- Dr Dudley Kelbe – The Bay Hospital
1. Dr Johan Botha (diagnosed a toddler recently with CD)
1. Dr Hudson
- Dr Holmes
- Dr Anderson
- Dr Beaton (lady)
- Dr Shearer – homeopath (Howick)
- Dr Zaheer Sacoor – Neurologist – St Anne’s Hospital. Very open to the links between foods and neurological disorders like MS, Parkinson’s, peripheral neuropathy etc. Promotes testing with the ImuPro 100 test. Wrote one of the forewords to my book “Spotlight on Gluten”
- Dr Stilgoe
- Dr Bannerman
- Dell Smith (Homeopath)
- Dr James Garish - P.E. Polyclinic Hospital Tel: 332 726. Gastroenterologist.
- Dr Paul Seymour – his late mother suffered from DH
- Paediatrician – Dr Michelle Mollentze: Tel: 012 335 3916. Fax: 0865914098 Cell: 0764838732. Eugene Park Medical Centre, Suite No 4, C/o Booysen Str. and 5th Av., Les Marais. She understands that there is a link between CD and diabetes Type I, Autoimmune thyroid disease, Autoimmune liver disease, Rheumatoid arthritis and iron deficiency anaemia.
- Pretoria East Hospital: Dr. Charles Steyn: Gastroenterologist
1. Dr Gerike